Andrea Lo, CEO of PiggyBackr, the crowdfunding site for kids to raise money for their teams, their projects and their causes, joins me along with several of the kids who have been raising money.
We’ll be live at 3:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
Each of five young people who have been raising money on PiggyBackr will share the lessons they’ve learned about crowdfunding:
- Alexa Adams, an undergrad at UC Davis, raised over $2,500 to fund development of a Google GOOG +0.46% Glass app for the deaf.
- Abril Vela raised over $5,700 to fund a group for high school girls in Chicago who are interested in technology.
- Lauren Simpson is leading an effort to raise $20,000 for a new boat for her the Chattanooga Rowing Club, which serves 50 schools, but she’s got a long way to go.
- Christie Levine raised $5,000 for the Bay Area Outreach and Rec Program, which serves youth with physical disabilities.
- Tegh Zoraver Dhillon raised $6,500 for Canine Companions for Independence.
Please help me continue this conversation by commenting below, on Twitter at @devindthorpe and on Facebook, Google+ and my personal website yourmarkontheworld.com.
Posted From ; http://www.forbes.com/sites/devinthorpe/2013/07/03/kids-learn-to-raise-money-for-causes-using-crowdfunding/